This is an exclusive permanent, full time opportunity for an Aged Care Support Worker to join a highly reputable facility located in Ballina, NSW.
Provide a person first approach in your support to the elderly by assisting with daily life activities, social and emotional wellbeing, and personal care and hygiene.
- Relocation assitance of up to $1000
- Full time hours, with flexibility
- Paid and volunteer training provided
- Reduced private health cover
- Travel, home and car insurance discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary sacrificing
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Standard ADL's such as showering, dressing, feeding and cleaning and hygiene
- Arrange and supervise activities designed to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing
- Support all personal care needs for individuals in a respectful and caring manner while advocating quality of life
- Maintain standards of confidentiality while relating to residents others key stakeholders involved in their care
- Keep accurate and legible records of all administrative functions of the programs to allocated timeframes
- Adhere to all policies and procedures while providing a friendly and caring approach
- Reporting and adherence to all requests from the Aged Care Supervisor or Facility Manager
- Certificate III or higher individual support - aged care
- Demonstrated experience supporting the elderly
- Have completed a Federal police check (in the last 3 years)
- Must have a 2021 flu vaccine or be willing to obtain one in accordance with legislation
- Beneficial to have medications administering training and certification
- A patient, flexible and understanding outlook in your support and have a caring nature
- You are dedicated to the rights of the elderly to live dignified lives
- Able to accept responsibility and enthusiasm to contribute and work as part of a team
- Strong communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Strengths to cope with the physical demands of the position in the likes of manaual handling
- Ability to perform domestic jobs efficiently to high standards
Interested and want to know more? Apply today to receive a call and to have a confidential discussion with one of Randstad's Talent Specialists in Healthcare recruitment.
Alternatively contact directly and ask to speak to Amy or email and she will contact you back.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.