Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Cairns & Far North
Categories: Aged Care
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client's individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is not an entry level role; You will actively support the individual needs of frail and aged people who access our Community Care Services. You will be supporting clients who may have complex needs to remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning), personal care, community access and activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, doctors' appointments, post office and entertainment activities.
Our core business in this role is domestic assistance. During shifts you will support our clients to do cleaning tasks that they may be unable to do themselves including sweeping, mopping, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom.
The successful incumbent for this position will be required to support multiple clients per day which may require travelling to multiple different locations. Start times can be as early as 6am and end times as late as 8pm including alternate weekends.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, medications, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Assist the client with activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, post office and entertainment activities
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Completed Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care/Individual & Aged Support/Disability) or similar - Essential
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and a reliable vehicle with minimum 3rd party insurance - Essential
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate, or willingness to obtain before commencement - Essential
- Prior experience supporting working in the community with ageing clients is highly regarded
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
- Have a mobile phone for work purposes; this will enable you to send/receive emails, access rosters, complete incident reports and access e-learning for LWB. You will need to have access to a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet which is compatible with LWB's Company Portal.
- Valid Yellow Card / NDIS Workers check or willingness to obtain one at your own cost
- Valid Working With Children's Check (WWCC) check or willingness to obtain one at your own cost
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification or willingness to obtain one at your own cost
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary packaging options through Maxxia
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent ongoing positions available