Are you an Allied Health Assistant? If you are then come and join our fabulous team! Your new team
Real Therapy Solutions is a supportive multidisciplinary team of Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Allied Health Assistants providing a holistic therapy service across multiple clinics within Sydney and the Illawarra including a Telehealth clinic.
Over the last 21 years our dedicated team have continued to demonstrate a long-term commitment to our clients and in particular the communities in which we operate through the provision of quality, holistic Therapy Services; with many years' experience in supporting people living with autism and or a disability and focusing on an 'evidence based approach'.
A well-established organisation that is currently delivering therapy services to over 1000 clients with rapid expansion through the delivery of general therapy services and by continuing to grow our training and support programs. Our latest and unrivalled Behaviour Support Competency Program, commenced this year which focuses on building the skills of our entry level Behaviour Support Practitioners.
As we are experiencing rapid growth and expansion, we are growing our team of therapists. With four large multidisciplinary clinics plus a Head Office location and a team of over 60 staff, we offer a flexible and fun work environment that gives you the tools and support you need to be your best and grow. What your new role will beClassification:
Allied Health Assistant Employment Type:
Full-Time and Part-Time Remuneration:
$55,000 - $65,000 plus Superannuation and Quarterly Bonuses; Location:
The Allied Health Assistant (AHA) is responsible for providing support and assistance to Allied Health Professions (AHPs) in the provision of therapy services to clients engaging in therapy at Real Therapy Solutions
The Allied Health Assistant will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, under the direction and supervision of occupational therapists and speech pathologists.
The AHA will provide clinical interventions designed to assist clients to reach client centred goals and maximise their potential.
Other duties involve assisting with general tidiness and maintenance within the clinic and other administration and clinical tasks to support the allied health professionals and service.Key Accountabilities
You will perform clinical tasks and duties under direct and indirect supervision of delegating Allied Health Professional (AHP) in accordance with Real Therapy Solutions policy/procedures.
Your tasks may include but are not limited to mobility/transfers training, practice of activity of daily living tasks, communication practice, provision of recreational activities, delivering of home programs. You will participate in the treatment of clients and will independently run & supervise patient therapy sessions. Be able to identify and respond to patient risks and circumstances which may require additional input from AHPs or MDT team. You will also be providing clinical support tasks, including but not limited to, assisting with preparation for treatments and exercise programs, setting up of equipment, assisting in equipment modification and fabrication of assistive therapeutic devices, under the supervision of the delegating AHP.Position Description
- Accompany AHPs on home and school visits as required for assistance with equipment or therapy provision.
- To participate in the planning and development of resources for education days and therapy
- Photocopying, laminating, and assistance in developing home programs/therapy activities
- Complete annual performance appraisal
- Comply with RTS's documentation standards for any entries into the client's case notes.
- Cleaning, maintaining and storage of equipment
- Report necessary equipment repairs to manager
- Identify individual learning needs and participate in ongoing continuing personal and professional development programs
- Assist in the orientation of students and new staff
- Participate in quality improvement activities
Our Bella Vista Clinic is located 33 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district and is part of The Hills Shire.
Bella Vista's and Norwest Business Park is home to several Fortune 500 companies, a number of shopping centres, high-rise buildings, and industrial and recreational spaces.
The Hills Shire is a unique and contrasting area featuring National Parks, farmland, rivers, mountains, valleys, rural and cosmopolitan centres. Our Bella Vista clinic has plenty of front door parking and is located in the heart of the business park. Learn more about the lifestyle benefits of living and working in the Hills Shire by visiting Essential Selection Criteria
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Completion or enrolment in Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance. Final year Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology students will also be considered.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with various allied health professionals; and ability to work under instruction.
- Proven ability to prioritise number of competing demands/tasks & manage time effectively & efficiently.
- Highly effective interpersonal and written communication skills and computer literacy.
- Current driver's license with a proven excellent driving record.
What you will get working with us at Real Therapy Solutions
- Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including collaborative stakeholder consultation.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a registered Psychologist providing services.
- Demonstrated independence and competence in providing psychology services, whilst independently managing a full caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to independently problem-solve and set priorities in complex situations.
- Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes with other staff
- Experience in the provision of clinical supervision, mentoring and development of junior staff and/or students.
- You will be warmly welcomed into multidisciplinary team with over 30 years of combined experience that recognises the contribution you make to clients through your expertise and your passion for making a difference. You will be working in one of the fastest growing allied health organisations; that has a three-year plan that sees the number of clinics we operate double!
- You will have an above award salary with a great quarterly bonus system and rewards when you reach your KPI's along many social events.
- Benefit from leadership and mentoring from our caring and supportive Senior Therapists and Managers.
- Take advantage of our fortnightly rostered day off and flexible work arrangements that include a work from home option to ensure you have a work and personal life balance.
- Enjoy salary packaging, novated lease, and after 52 weeks of service you are entitled to paid parental leave.
- Develop your skills and grow your career with our full support in our many opportunities that will excite you including paid external training and development. Participate in over 15 internal training and support programs in autism/ leadership/ supervision skills/ managing behaviours and many more as well as provided external training and development to help you reach your professional goals.
- Work with a realistic caseload expectation that gives you time for training, supervision and fun!
- Have access to utilise Telehealth when required with our dedicated Telehealth team.
- Be part of a fun, friendly and supportive team where your engagement is crucial to our operation. Every voice matters.
- Participate in our free rewards program and enjoy discounts from local retailers, on travel and much more.
- Use modern technology and have access to our dedicated Administrative and IT Support team to help you be your best.
- Our rapid growth and expansion means we have new career opportunities arising regularly and opportunities to move into one of our locations.
Discover the difference working for Real Therapy Solutions can make to your career and your life and apply today!
Real Therapy Solutions is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
The values of Real Therapy Solutions guide the behaviour and professional standards of all our staff. Our values underpin the ways in which we engage with our clients and each other. Our values are Supportive, Collaborative, Positive, Inspirational, Passionate, Fun, Innovative and Respectful
As we are an NDIS provider you will be required to obtain an NDIS Worker Screener Check. To apply please go to .
This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children's Guardian. To apply, please go to