- Opportunity to join a new Allied Health team providing meaningful evidence-based services to aged care clients with severe mental ill health
- Fixed term 12 month role | Full time or Part time
- Work from Home & Adelaide Location
Mind Australia is one of the country's leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre based and online services. We have been supporting people living with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years.
We provide practical and motivational support that helps people to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives. It's an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
Mind offers a targeted range of supports and services that aim to maximise recovery outcomes for customers and operate in the context of local community, the focus of the services is to support people to achieve their better life goals which reflects Mind's Model of Recovery. The new Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) program provides on location in-reach specialist services, quality assessment, therapeutic intervention and support, to customers with severe episodic mental health conditions in aged care.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced Allied Health - Senior Mental Health Clinician for a 12 month fixed term, full time or part time opportunity to join the RACF Allied Health team in metropolitan Adelaide. With work from home options, you will deliver meaningful evidence based, time limited psychological therapies adjusted to be responsive to the needs of older people.
- Provide therapeutic support services to aged care clients including assessment, diagnosis, brief intervention, treatment planning and evaluation, and education and research in line with professional and National Standards.
- Demonstrate clinical leadership by providing clients with care coordination and advocacy to meet their specific needs in a stepped care framework.
- Complete mental health assessments and provide therapies that are effective with older people including reminiscence therapies, validation therapy and adjusted cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Collaborate with a range of services and the community to ensure a co-ordinated and integrated response to the client's recovery goals.
What you'll bring
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or other health related field and hold current registration with AHPRA.
- Expertise in working with aged care clients with mental health issues, complex needs and interacting with families and carers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Community Services sector and ability to build strong relationships with service providers and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise to meet customer service delivery requirements.
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements - opportunity to work from home.
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (Full time employees).
- Learning, development and career opportunities.