We Are Hiring:
Ascension Illinois is looking to hire a PRN Certified Nurse Midwife to join our team!
More than 100 years, Ascension Illinois Saints Mary and Elizabeth has provided compassionate, award-winning care to the city's near-northwest side. Our patient-centered, multilingual doctors can be found at our two convenient campuses. Our 495-bed medical center provides comprehensive services including primary care, cancer care, behavioral health, orthopedics and rehab, cardiology, imaging, midwifery and obstetrics, emergency services, surgery and more. Magnet-recognized by the American Nursing Credentialing Center, we rank in the top seven percent of all U.S. hospitals for nursing excellence. We have a rich history of community involvement, so you'll feel at home from the moment you walk through our doors. We're here for you. In sickness and in health.
What You Will Do:
Provide independent and collaborative primary healthcare and management of care to women before, during and after pregnancy, including care of the newborn.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care and discharge plan based on the assessment and integration of the medical plan.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Provide education/counseling to patient and patient's family with respect to pregnancy, childbirth, care of the newborn, contraception, family planning and gynecological care.
- Provide care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Nurse Midwife credentialed from the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required .Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office.
- Master's or Doctorate of Science in Nursing or Midwifery or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.