Fostering Form F Assessing Social Worker
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Assessing Social Worker (Assessment Team)
Location: Homebased - South West Region
Hours: 35 hours per week (Permanent)
Salary: Up to £37,290 per annum + £750 Homeworking Allowance per annum
The majority of assessment visits are undertaken via video calls but travelling will be required for some face to face meetings.
As a 'not for profit' organisation, TACT put the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about this as we are. We know that we cannot provide this level of care without our staff which is why we are proactive in looking after the wellbeing of our employees. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on the flexibility this brings, along with our flexible working opportunities to enable you to have a healthy work / life balance. We also provide a full and active wellbeing calendar and activities, along with your input to ensure you get the most from it.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for our TACT care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our new Health Service.
It is not surprising that this had led to us gaining 'outstanding' levels of employee engagement in a recent Best Companies Survey this year. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals who put young people at the heart of every decision.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
TACT Carer Recruitment Service is looking for a Assessing Social Worker who has experience in fostering recruitment and is looking for an assessing social worker role. The successful candidate will be based in or within a reasonable distance of the following areas:
Bath, Bristol, Somerset, North Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Swindon and Wiltshire.
The role involves proactively building excellent relationships with applicants, preparing them to foster and completing Form F assessments.
Core Tasks include:
* Preparing applicants for the fostering role
* Promoting and supporting the development of trauma informed foster care / therapeutic parenting
* Assessment of prospective foster families
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of fostering assessments and applicant preparation.
* BA or Master's in Social Work or Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification
* Social Work England Registration
* Post qualifying experience including relevant family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child-care settings which must include statutory childcare work.
* Experience of assessing foster families and preparing them for the fostering tasks
* A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children and foster families, using a trauma-informed therapeutic approach.
* A passion for ensuring children receive the highest quality care from their foster family
* Knowledge of relevant child-care and fostering regulations, legislation and best practice.
* Good IT skills including Office 365.
More information can be found in the Job Description.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
* 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
* Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
* Family friendly policies.
* Homeworking 'bundle' including annual allowance, IT equipment and a loan for office set up.
* Employee Assistance Programme (including CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
* Perkbox - retail discount scheme.
* Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
* Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
More information in the Job Information Pack.
Closing: Monday 6th June 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 15th June 2022 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone's business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT's commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications, and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT's young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT's safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment