For nearly 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to all San Diegans. With more than 1,800 employees spread throughout 40 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it serves.
The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.
- Complete all required documentation accurately, in a timely manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in addition, documentation complies with patients' insurance requirements.
- Perform initial and on-going assessments for assigned patients.
- Participate in development of patients' individualized care plans, in a timely and thorough manner.
- Provide treatment to assigned patients within scope of practice, meeting program/department productivity and quality standards.
- Proactively utilize clinical supervision and/or peer consultation.
- Demonstrate awareness of transference and counter-transference issues and address them as they arise.
- Address co-occurring disorders, factoring them into patient's treatment plan.
- Demonstrate clinical skills and judgment necessary to implement the treatment plan.
- Work effectively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Communicate with providers, physicians, case managers, scheduling staff, referring providers, and with outside agencies and authorities, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Connect patients to internal/external resources as appropriate, and accurately document referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or closely related field required.
- Current California registration as a Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker required.
- The following Certifications are required:
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR (BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training .
- Possession of First Aid/CPR certificate issued by an authorized agency.
- If work assignment is located at FHCSD Counseling Center OR Non-Behavioral Health Center, the above CPR and First Aid certifications are not required.
- Ability and means to travel as needed in a timely manner within San Diego County, to locations that may have limited access to public transportation; proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required. DRIVER REQUIREMENTS: Licensed for a minimum of 3 years; No more than 2 violations and/or accidents within 3 years; No vehicle related suspensions/reinstatements; No DUI, reckless or felony Driving within 7 years.
Experience/Specialized skills (including Language)
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal interactions with clients and co-workers as a member of a multidisciplinary community health team with a diverse multi-cultural population.
- Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgment, and insight into human behavior and family relations.
- Ability to work well in both a team-based environment and independently.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required
- Clinical skills appropriate to scope of practice and clinical judgment necessary to implement the treatment plan.
- Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to communicate effectively with patients and family members who may speak English as a second language.
- Knowledge of behavior modification theories.
- Knowledge of current counseling theories and best practices, to include the ability to translate best practices into meaningful, culturally appropriate resources.
- Basic computer literacy ability to comply with department needs and expectations (i.e., electronic medical record documentation, obtaining background information and reports on patients, following up on appointments, etc.).