Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire. Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Bank Mental Health Support Worker - £10.50 - £11.43 per hour (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours -Monday - Sunday, shifts include mornings, evenings and weekends
Department - Rowan House, Adult Service Delivery
Location - Littlemore
What You'll Be Doing:
Rowan House is home to 25 residents, all who have individual challenging, cooccurring needs (such as alcohol and drug misuse). Support Workers, working alongside the onsite clinical team with our vulnerable residents, can make a significant, positive impact on our resident's lives whilst gaining a broad understanding of the legal framework relating to mental health. Rowan House offers employees a varied job where everyday is different, with such a high move on rate - you will have a great sense of pride knowing and seeing the impact you can have.
Overall job responsibility
Support Workers provide an individual bespoke package of personalised support tailored to the needs of the residents. It is expected that the required support is person centred and delivered to ensure each resident's voice is always heard. You will provide a safe and comfortable environment for our residents to live and colleagues to work.
- Ensure support plans and risk management plans are implemented as necessary, in line with policies and procedures.
- Support residents with medication concordance.
- Undertake an enabling role with the resident in daily tasks such as cleaning, shopping, budgeting and household tasks that promote independent living.
- Lead and promote social inclusion work by introducing residents to leisure activities that promote physical health, new interests including education, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Maintain clean, safe working environments and communal areas
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English, being IT literate due to the volume of paperwork required to be kept up to date.
- Good organisational, communication, written and verbal skills and can work calmly in difficult and challenging situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of mental health illnesses and the level of care some residents require would be desirable, but full training will be given.
- Experience within a care or mental health settings is desirable, but not essential.
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients.
If this Bank Mental Health Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.