Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Behavioral Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient's needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
We are currently seeking a Behavioral Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Providers typically see clients across the lifespan for both diagnostic evaluation and medication management virtually and live in the clinic setting.
Schedule is flexible. Does not include weekends.
Fast Pace Health is a growing company! You will have the support and mentoring you need to become the best Behavioral Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner you can be! We will help you grow your clinical competencies, and can offer you a rewarding career path. We work as a dynamic team to surpass our business goals by ensuring our patients receive the best care possible in a positive environment.
-We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as holiday pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision and Work-Life balance, to name a few.
- As a Fast Pace Health employee you will have the opportunity to participate in community events and outreach programs. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal parades, book drives, festivals, trunk or treating, fun runs, and more. We dress up for holidays and celebrate with pot lucks. At Fast Pace, our community is our family, and we are a family first community.
Below, we have provided a high level view of what the role entails, with the complete job description discussed in detail during our interviewing process.
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Provide convenient, friendly patient care to all who come through our door seeking health related services.
- Assess patients' mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members; including other providers, nurses, front desk staff, x-ray, and other support staff.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Provide supportive therapy to individuals or family members for those with chronic mental health conditions.
- Document patients' medical and psychological histories, mental status exams, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Educate patients and family members about mental health, medications, and treatment plans.
- Monitor patients' medication usage and results.
- Administer and monitor prescribed prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by laws and regulations.
- ANCC Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Certification & DEA License
- At Least 2 Years of Experience Working as an NP in Mental Health setting
- Preferred: State License in at least 2 of the following states:
Masters Degree in Nursing
ANCC Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Certification
Fast Pace Health is committed to the principle of equal employment and creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
Please refer to the links below for information regarding your rights under certain federal laws:
Mississippi Residents Only:
In Mississippi, Fast Pace requires pre-employment/drug/alcohol testing as a condition of employment. The law requires that Fast Pace notify applicants, in writing, upon application and prior to the collection of the specimen for drug and alcohol test, that they may be tested for the presence of drugs [or alcohol] in their metabolites. Miss. Code. Ann. § 71-7-3(5).