BMS Software Engineer
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Committed to a sustainable future, Laing O'Rourke is re-thinking the way the built environment is designed, delivered and operates - collaborating with world-leading industry and academic partners, bringing innovative new solutions, ensuring the most efficient long-term engineering solutions.
As part of Laing O'Rourke's specialist trading business group Crown House Technologies work is at the heart of every functioning building - from plant rooms and mechanical & electrical systems to its energy centres, and is one of the UK's most advanced and innovative building services providers, designing systems and delivering projects for world leading client organisations in the UK.
The BMS Software Engineer will create BEMS software and graphics from Functional Design Specifications and other technical documentation
- Technically understand how the BEMS interacts with M&E systems, including but not limited to:
- Mechanical Systems
- FCU's and Chilled Beams
- Electrical Systems
- Energy Monitoring and Metering
- Smart technologies
- Read and understand Schedule of Deliverables, Interface Matrix, Network Architecture Drawings, Functional Design Specifications, Points Schedules, Technical submittals, RFI's, etc
- This work will be carried on construction sites and at factories manufacturing and supplying the equipment
- Ensuring handover of fully operational BEMS Systems
- Willingness to undertake training in order to develop technical ability across various BEMS products
- Work in a high pressure and fast-moving environment
- Liaise with Operations Manager, Project Engineers, other staff, subcontractors and clients as required to carry out this role
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures, particularly to health & safety
- Electrical Engineering qualifications (full electrical apprenticeship or equivalent)
- Proven track record of delivering BEMS systems
- Exceptional technical knowledge of BEMS
- Experience working with BACNET and or Modbus
- Ability to understand and adapt system software and graphics
- We would consider proficiency one or the other software / graphics or both
- Valid CSCS or ECS site card
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here:
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email