Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Educator
Remuneration: $97,871.34 - $101,049.02 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ225862
Application Close: 28 October 2021
Interviews Details: Interviews will be scheduled within 21 days of closing date
Where you'll be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
To see what it is like to live and work in Goulburn - click here: Imagine Rural - Southern NSW Local Health District [link removed]
Forget about sitting in traffic for hours and paying for parking, live in the city you'll be minutes away from work (perhaps even close enough to walk or cycle) and even if you live on a property outside of Goulburn or in one of the neighbouring villages, it's still a much shorter trip than big city living. That's more time for family, friends and recreation. More time to live. Goulburn is 45 minutes from Canberra, 2hrs to the beach and 2hrs from Sydney.
What you'll be doing
Provides clinical training at a ward/unit level by formulating and delivering in-service educational programs; assessment and demonstration of clinical procedures. Fostering a preceptor/mentor role that supports less experienced staff to enhance their clinical skills development to achieve people focused quality care.
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Relevant post registration clinical or education qualifications and/or current Certificate as a Workplace Trainer and Assessor or willingness to work towards certification.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the relevant clinical/speciality field with a demonstrated knowledge of competency/skills requirements for staff to achieve quality clinical care.
- Demonstrated experience as a preceptor/mentor/coacher with the proven ability to use contemporary education and teaching methods to develop and motivate staff towards a learning culture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate education and learning activities to meet individual learning needs, using adult learning principles and current best practice models.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced computer skills and use of software programs to develop and deliver education.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and a commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills for a workplace trainer and assessor.
- Current unrestricted drivers' licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances.
- Please indicate if you are a recipient of an affected letter due to the recent 2020 SNSWLHD Restructure
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases
This is a Category 'A' position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2020_017 [link removed]. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
OASV requirements also include proof of vaccination against influenza and is compulsory for NSW Staff that enter any Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or who work in NSW Health owned and operated RACFs.
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and two doses by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Lucienne Phelan on , or Phone: