Clinical Nurse Specialist Aged Care - St Vincents Sydney Hospital
Position Title: Clinical Nurse Specialist Aged Care - Commonwealth Home Support Program
Employment Type: Maximum Term Full Time - 30/06/22
Hours per week: Up to 38 hours per week
Position Grade: Clinical Nurse Specialist Grade 2
Salary: $101,049.02 - $104,367.58
Enterprise Agreement: Named NSW (non-declared) Affiliated Health Organisations' Nurses Agreement, 2017
Department Name: Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
The CHSP Nursing Service provides evidence based nursing care to clients who live and/or work in the Local Government Areas of Waverley, Woollahra, and the City of Sydney. Nursing care is delivered in the home, by Registered and Enrolled Nurses, and is generally short term and episodic in nature. The purpose of this intervention is to optimise client independence and function in order for the client to continue living in their home environment and avoid unnecessary hospital presentations.
This exciting position involves providing clinical leadership, clinical support, assessment and quality nursing care. The clinical expertise of the Clinical Nurse Specialist will support the triage and coordination of nursing and health care to facilitate optimal health outcomes. The successful applicant will support coordination of client case review and according to the outcome will liaise with different members of the multidisciplinary team to support the development of more complex care plans.
This position offers optimal conditions with a 7 day roster, morning shifts only (8am to 4:30pm).
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020 _017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer:
· Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
· Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
· Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
· Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent's Health Australia Network.
· Employee Assistance Program
· Work/Life balance
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the 'My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent's Health Australia.
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency and relevant post-registration qualifications with at least three years' experience working in the clinical area of their specified post-graduate qualification (previous community health experience highly sought after).
- Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team at a senior level with highly developed interpersonal skills including liaison, consultation, and negotiation with clinicians and stake holders
- Demonstrated advanced skills in the assessment and management of complex clients, and provision of evidenced-based nursing intervention, whilst working from a restorative or re-ablement model of care
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate patient flow of community services, (including hospital discharge planning, clinical triage and caseload allocation), with regard for client complexity and service capability
- Demonstrated effective computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system and a current NSW driver's license (Class C or above).
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads with in a complex environment
Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will have their application automatically culled.
For further enquires please contact Lina Belalcazar Osorio, Community Aged Care Nurse Unit Manager on or Philippa Star Community Aged Care Service Manager on .
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.