Arizona College of Nursing is seeking a knowledgeable and engaging instructor to join us as a Nursing Adjunct - Mental Health Faculty member. This position will support the Las Vegas Campus.
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing, nursing school that transforms people's lives by preparing them for careers in nursing and improving communities through the care its graduates provide. As a leading nurse educator, Arizona College of Nursing offers students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's in nursing in 3 years or less with qualified transfer credits. Our quality nursing curriculum prepares students for an in-demand career to help communities overcome the chronic, well-known, and increasing nursing shortage. Through the execution of a targeted growth strategy, the college plans to meet the growing demand for nurses by launching campuses in markets where bachelor's prepared nurses are needed.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values: Passion:
We love helping others succeed. Excellence:
We strive to be the best. Adaptability:
We learn, in part by trying new ideas. Accountability:
We own our results. Integrity:
We do the right thing. What You'll Do:
Reporting to the Dean of Nursing, your main responsibility will be teaching and evaluating students in a clinical setting in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures by creating a dynamic learning environment conducive to student engagement. The Day-to-Day:
- Designing an effective learner environment that facilitates student learning and addresses contemporary issues in nursing
- Supporting student progression in academics and socialization into the role of nursing
- Utilizing an array of assessment tools to evaluate learner knowledge and progression in cognitive, psychomotor, and affective skills
- Actively participating in systematic plan for curriculum design and program evaluation
- Assuming a change agent and leadership role in education and nursing practice
- Recognizing the role of a nurse educator and pursuing continuous quality improvement
This overview represents major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Commitment to Arizona College is on a course-by-course basis. What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required; if the graduate degree is not in nursing, must have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a graduate degree in a related discipline from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) .
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience as a professional registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Previous experience teaching in a registered nursing program at a college or university is preferred.
- Holds a current unencumbered state professional registered nurse license or enhance compact nurse licensure valid in the State of Arizona.
- Certified Nurse Educator certification and national certification in area of nursing specialty is preferred.
- Maintains professional competence/expertise in teaching through activities such as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects and professional writing.
- A professional demeanor and the heart of a teacher. This includes the ability to effectively function within an educational environment that fosters student learning and engagement in nursing practice.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Subject to state BON/BRN regulation where student is located.
When requested, candidates shall provide evidence of education and experience necessary to indicate that they are competent to teach a given course and develop and evaluate student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies within the framework of the controlling institution. What We Are Offering You:
Only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment