Clinical Psychologist/Counselling Psychologist
An exciting position has become available for a Clinical Psychologist/Counselling Psychologist based in Newcastle upon Tyne and surrounding locations to suit the candidate, such as: Tynemouth, Hexham and Durham. This is a self-employed role and the successful candidate will earn £85 per hour session (including free room use for each appointment).
There are flexible clinics to suit (3hrs -16hrs per week).
You will be working for an organisation that is passionate about improving mental health and making a real difference to people's lives.
* Qualification as a Clinical Psychologist or Counselling Psychologist is an essential requirement of this role with a minimum of two years post-qualification experience.
* Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration is required in order to become an associate, in addition to holding professional indemnity insurance for their practice.
* Previous experience of working within an Adult Mental Health and/or Child Mental Health setting will be strongly favoured.
* Have the ability to gain the trust and confidence of patients and successfully guide them through treatments and interventions to effective outcomes and completion.
* You are expected to have the clinical and interpersonal skills to independently deliver psychological assessment and treatment in a variety of modalities.
* You will be passionate about providing high-quality customer care and committed to supporting the company's vision, mission and values.
* Deliver assessments and treatments to clients with a range of moderate to mental health problems. Responding promptly to referrals to undertake assessments and put in place an effective therapy programme for assigned clients using appropriate and relevant psychological interventions.
* Facilitate individual therapy sessions within the given field of therapy, ensuring activities and interventions continue to meet the needs of the client.
* Manage your diary and assigned caseload using our in-house software.
* Ensure interaction and communication with clients, professional colleagues and clinical staff as appropriate.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical records using our in-house software including clinical notes and summary letters.
* Be responsible for respecting patient confidentiality at all times and for security and accuracy of assigned patient records, data and information.
* Keep abreast of latest research and development within your given field.
* Evaluate, test and implement new techniques, methods and interventions which will improve and/or enhance therapy services within the company.
* Conduct therapy in line with HCPC and BPS professional standards, ethical codes of conduct and relevant company policy.
By joining Select Psychology you will be working for an organisation that is passionate about improving mental health and making a real difference to people's lives.
We are a team of mental health professionals including Clinical Psychologists, CBT therapists, Counsellors and Family Therapists with the mission of providing excellent mental health services to and helping people to make positive changes to their lives.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we develop our links with new referral networks and expand our range of services for self-referring clients. We are a successful and well subscribed service; therefore, the post is well suited to candidates who have excellent standards of practice and can manage busy caseloads.
This opportunity would also suit those wishing to have a supportive environment to take on a few appointments per week to work alongside other commitments, such as, NHS work or other private work.
Why should you apply?
* Strong promotion and referral network helping your practice to grow with steady stream of varied referrals
* Therapy room provided free of charge for each appointment
* Become part of a team of mental health professionals with highly supportive case management and administration teams
* All referrals triaged to best fit prior to allocation
* Choose your clinics and control your caseload allowing flexible working
* Focus on your practice and therapy relationships without the administrative burdens of running your own practice
* Powerful software to support practice efficiency and working convenience
* Practice as a team with peer-supervision groups to support your work and learning.
* Opportunities to develop skills working with different presenting issues
* Opportunities to develop further business opportunities, networks and new services in collaboration.
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Mental Health, Clinical Psychologist, Counsellor, Health, Healthcare, Therapy, HPCP, Clinical Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist, Health and Care Professions Council, Adult Mental Health, Child Mental Health, Self Employed Associate