This clinical position supports the University of Colorado Cancer Center and the Oncology counseling program. This licensed clinical social worker will provide oncology specific targeted evidence base therapeutic intervention for patients and families going through cancer. This position will support UCHealth oncology patients in the Metro Denver Region; including University of Colorado Cancer Center-Aurora, Highlands Ranch cancer center, Lonetree Oncology, and Cherry Creek Medical Center-Oncology.
This clinician will assess oncology patients and/or patient's family, caregivers, and will develop psychological therapeutic treatment plans based on patients needs. This clinician will provide ongoing clinical support and interventions determined by the treatment plan.
This is an outpatient oncology position and the services will be provided in person and virtually.Work Schedule:
- Implements counseling/therapy for assigned patients in both individual and group settings.
- Interviews and assesses patients and/or patient's families and caregivers.
- Determines, provides and/or arranges for needed internal and external services/interventions.
- Participates and/or arranges case reviews/care conferences to evaluate progress.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching methods and/or referrals to ensure patient/family educational needs are met.
- Participates and/or trains new staff, students, and interns as assigned.
- Within the scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Periodically administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities, implementing appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Minimum Required Education: Master's degree in Social Work.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Colorado State licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Minimum Experience: Clinical Social Work Licensure Experience-3 years
- Preferred: 3 years - Clinical therapy in an Outpatient Setting
- Preferred: Oncology experience
The pay range for this position is: $31.61 - $47.41 / hour
. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.