Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of internationally recognized Duke University Health System.
Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and professional development for employees who have served for decades in our hospital units.
Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the world.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as in North Carolina and in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated hospital.
CNA - Nursing Care Assistant I/Health Unit Coordinator - Duke Regional Hospital, Durham - Clinical Decision Unit - Full Time - Days or Nights
What you will do:
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving changing clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Perform a variety of selected patient care tasks under the direction of an RN/LPN to assist medical and nursing personnel in the examination, treatment and care of patients.
- Retrieve and record patient data in electronic medical records (EMR) and report to Nurse noting any new abnormal changes in the patient's condition.
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment as required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
What you will need:
- Completion of a Level I - Nurse Aide education program approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing or successful completion of the NC - approved Nurse Aide I competency test.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Currently listed as a Nursing Assistant (NAI) with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation
- AHA Basic Healthcare provider certification must be maintained/completed by the end of new hire orientation.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.