Medical Director opening in Bronx, New York.
At PAGNY, we build and provide excellent care for diverse patient populations and promote excellence in research, education and service to the community by intentionally embracing excellence through diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment enables us to deliver quality healthcare, critically address healthcare inequities, and perform leading edge research to benefit all communities.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College . Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award - winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
The Director of Midwifery is responsible for the overall planning, development and management of the administrative, clinical, educational, research and evaluative functions required for a midwifery practice embedded within the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health. Staff midwives provide primary healthcare in inpatient and outpatient settings within a collaborative model of care to clients across the health spectrum.
Performance, Tasks, Expectations
- Plans, develops, manages and directs all aspects of the Midwifery Practice
- Evaluates, responds to, reports and assesses the quality of midwifery care
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating and terminating midwifery staff, including implementing performance-improvement measures as appropriate
- Provides and coordinates staff development for midwives and the interdisciplinary team, as applicable
- Participates in lectures and clinical supervision of learners
- Participates in planning and supervision of childbirth and health education programs
- Collaborates with other services and programs, including new program development and maintenance
- Provides clinical midwifery care
- Represents the Midwifery Practice with the Department of OB/GYN and Women's Health, including involvement in program development and maintenance and new initiatives
- Participates in the New York City Health + Hospitals Midwifery Council and Women's Health Council
- Is available 24/7 for consultation regarding midwifery care and or sick call service coverage
- Participates in leadership activities within the Department of OB/GYN and Women's Health
- Primary clinical site will be Harlem Hospital
- Current NYS license to practice as Midwife
- Board Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Clinical and Administrative Midwifery Leadership
- Maintains AMCB certification
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
• Min USD: $165,000.00 Annually
• Max USD: $165,000.00 Annually
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V