Benefits of working with Edmen:
- Supportive team with a family-feel. With your own dedicated Service Coordinator, you've always got someone you can turn to for work advice, questions or just a chat.
- Great opportunity to a healthy work-life balance with casual work and flexible hours.
- Access to the Edmen mobile app which allows you to choose when you want to work. Accept/decline shifts, view your roster live 24/7 and update your own availability straight from the app.
- Career progression options available. Opportunities to transition into a permanent role with our community service partners available.
- Employee rewards and recognition. Get access to our exclusive online rewards platform to get cashback and discounts across a range of major retailers.
- Refer a friend program. Do you have friends or family that are looking for work? For every person you recommend who works 100 hours with Edmen, you will receive a $150 voucher!
Edmen Community is a staffing organisation that works with some of Australia's leading community service providers. We take time to get to know the people who join our team and think of our Disability and Youth Support Workers more like family than employees. We are known for taking greater care of our clients by supporting our employees to reach their full potential.
Our approach is all about supporting you to deliver the best support to our clients and their customers.
We're a diverse bunch and embrace it! Our team is made up of people from different communities, ethnicities, backgrounds, experience levels and ages.
About the position
We're looking for Disability Support Workers in Blacktown/Parramatta and surrounds. This casual position will see you providing practical and emotional support to people with disabilities in residential, day program or respite settings. Working with our community service partners, this is a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact and empower people to maximize their independence.
- Administer medication
- Provide personal care
- Manual handling
- Community access
- Challenging behavior management
To be considered for the position you must have the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 months paid experience as a Disability Support Worker
- Hold a minimum P2 Australian Drivers Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- First Aid Cert, NDIS Workers Check, WWCC & Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
- The ability to be 'on call' for emergency shifts when you are available
- A positive, can-do attitude and a desire to wake up each day ready for a new challenge
- A true passion for making a difference as a part of the Edmen family
- Experience working with customers who display high challenging behaviours
This position is subject to NSW COVID-19 State Public Health Orders and COVID-19 vaccination workplace policy. Evidence of vaccination will be required.
Does this sound like you?
Apply today - we would love to hear from you!