Youth and children disabilities support worker /permanent position
Ebenezer Mission Inc.
People with disability remain among one of the most marginalised groups in our society. This makes it difficult for people to expand beyond the boundaries of their homes and centres, leaving some people feeling purposeless, neglected, and more subject to discrimination. We realise that even today, our society falls short in facilitating people with disability. We want to close this gap. This is the motivation behind many of our unique and innovative services, each of which are carefully chosen and curated for the benefit and wellbeing of our participants. Ebenezer recognises the needs of people with disability such as: the accessibility of welfare centres, health care establishments; infrastructure support; access to health care professionals, educational and vocational opportunities; social inclusion, psychological and social support; monetary constraints; and general quality of life. These factors must be regarded as a priority in our society, and are important factors of consideration that guide the direction of our services as a registered NDIS service provider.
* supporting clients to live as independently as possible in their homecare and in the community. * supporting clients with individual activities such as daily living task, personal develop skills and abilities. * assisting with special Therapeutic services and school setting (speech, Occupational therapy, psychology , behavioural support plan and physio therapy) * supporting for group activities and social inclusion. * provide assistance with personal care/hygiene, medication support, medical appointments
Candidate will have:
* minimum Certificate III In Individual support (disability)or Certificate IV In Disability or community services
* Working with children check NDIS workers screen check First aid Hltaid 003/CPR
* ability to work independently and as part of a team
* experience in the disability or nursing care sector (desirable)
* knowledge of trauma or behaviours of young adults.
* hold NSW Drive license and own reliable vehicle.
we offer you:
* training and career development
* full staff support and regular follow ups
* flexibility in working hours to suit work life balance needs * competitive pay rates
Please email your resume through to
To find out more about us, check us out on our:
We look forward to hearing from you!