This is a home based role, caring for vulnerable children or young people who will live with you within your home. You will need to have at least 1 permanently available spare bedroom to be considered.
Every day children all over the UK need to leave their families and their homes for a variety of reasons. Most often this is due to neglect and abuse but there are many other reasons children may need to be cared for. For these vulnerable children and young people, being placed within families that are stable, warm and welcoming is vital. They often come to their foster homes scared and anxious with very little with them, sometimes with nothing but the clothes they are wearing.
At F5 Foster Care, we recruit, assess and train potential Foster Carers so that they are able to provide the right kind of support and security to these children. Like many other roles, fostering isn t easy but is very rewarding and makes a huge difference to children s lives.
We are looking to hear from individuals who would like to begin their fostering adventure or from those that would just like to find out more information. F5 Foster Care offers generous weekly fees and allowances whilst a child is in placement with you, and an ongoing high-quality package of training and support that is suitable for all levels of experience, personal social workers to guide you through the assessment and to support you throughout your fostering career as well as additional benefits such a full membership to Foster Talk and access to wide range of discounts.
Below is a list of essential criteria that you MUST meet in order to be considered.
- You are happy to attend various training and support group
- You have gained some form of child care experience (not necessarily with your own children)
- You have at least one permanently available spare bedroom
- You have the ability to transport any children in your care to school/contact/meetings (ideally you will have access to a car to do this)
- You don t have a police record for violence or any offences towards children
- You have a passion for providing care and support to children and young people
- You will not be solely reliant upon the income from Fostering (as there may be times between placements or waiting for your first where you do not have a child in placement with you)
- You can speak and write confidently in English
This vacancy may be of interest to the following candidates - Healthcare Assistant, Support Worker, Health Advisor, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Teacher, Teaching Assistant or childminder.