Role: Hospital Social Worker
Contracting Authority: Central Government
Contract Length: 3 months
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £22.99 per hour
Security Clearance: BPSS
• Working closely with Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy colleagues the Hospital Social Workers will support the assessment and discharge planning functions of the Therapy Team.
• The hospital generally accommodates patients from Shropshire the Hospital Social Worker role will involve working with local authority colleagues to support timely and safe discharges with a smooth transition between services.
• Complex discharges are overseen by the Complex Discharge Hub and the Hospital Social Workers will collate and communicate regular updates for those patients on the Complex Discharge Medically Fit List to the hub.
• The Hospital Social Workers will be registered with Social Work England
• The Hospital Social Workers will be required to have an understanding of the government guidance Hospital discharge and community support guidance
• The Hospital Social Workers will
o Undertake collaborative assessments - with Therapy colleagues - to identify patient needs to be met on discharge
o Undertake collaborative assessments of Mental Capacity and make Best Interest Decisions where appropriate
o Document decisions and assessments accurately and contemporaneously using the Fact Finding Assessment Tool, Clinical Portal and other records as directed.
o Liaise with local authority colleagues, patients, families, and care providers as required to gather information which will inform the discharge plan, ensuring regular contact is maintained as appropriate (with consent)
o Signpost patients, family and carers to relevant statutory or voluntary services
o Identify family Carers and refer to the relevant local authority for assessment and support (with consent)
o Attend the daily Complex Discharge Hub meeting and act as a representative of the Therapy Team
o Complete statutory and mandatory training as directed
o These duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The post holder may be required, from time to time, to undertake other duties, not specifically mentioned here.
o professional registration with Social Work England
o at least two years post qualifying experience in a related role
o knowledge and understanding of the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Mental Health Act 1983
o training and experience of completing MCAs and making BI decisions
o excellent written and verbal communication
o experience of MS T