is looking for a Full-time Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our team!This position will support South Austin location, located at 4101 James Casey St., Suite 100 Austin, TX 78745. This location's regular hours are 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, no weekends or holidays, and no call. This position also offers a one-time $2,500 sign-on bonus. Texas Oncology
is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. Responsibilities The essential duties and responsibilities:
Qualifications The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the continuity of care consistent with established standards and practices.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level candidate.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience with 1 year being preferred.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.