Job Title: Learning Support Worker
Location: Lingfield, Surrey
Salary: £11.64 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Shifts Available: Morning (Apply online only), Evening (Apply online only), Weekdays (Apply online only) & (Apply online only).
St Piers School & College provide outstanding, highly specialised education for learners with neurological and learning disabilities. We work together on campus in Lingfield, Surrey to provide a unique learning environment for our school-based learners aged 5-19. Similarly, our College for 19-25-year-olds is dedicated for young adults with SEND to ensure each young person believes in themselves and is empowered to achieve in their next stage of life.
(Jobs available in either adults / college or children / school).
We are looking for people who like to go home knowing they have made a real difference for the young people they have been supporting.
As a Learning Support Worker, at St Piers School & College you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team who work together to ensure the learners who attend the school & college live their lives to the maximum and achieve their potential.
In this flexible and varied role, you will have the opportunity to be part of both the educational and social/residential aspects of their lives and provide cohesive support to help them achieve their goals.
You don't need any previous experience, just the right motivation to be part of this focused team, as we will offer you comprehensive training and development opportunities, including the requirement to complete your Care Certificate to equip you to fulfil the role.
If you're looking for some extra hours over the coming holidays or even some extra income with your current energy bills, we are happy to assist!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To help create a caring, safe and acceptable learning environment for all learners promoting growth and independence.
- To facilitate the learners' access to and progress in educational, social, therapy or developmental programmes.
- To assist with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills in accordance with individual support needs.
- To follow and act upon guidelines, advice, and programmes in line with the positive behaviour approach at St Piers.
- To lead and participate in various recreational, educational, and social activities and to accompany learners to scheduled meetings or activities.
- To maintain accurate, concise and up-to-date records to assist with assessing, planning and reviewing learner progress.
- To undertake the role of Keyworker for a specified number of learners, with special responsibility to ensure a consistency of the support provided.
- To take responsibility for training and continuous professional development.
- To prepare and maintain resources and equipment across all areas of learning.
- To complete St Piers's medication course and administering medication when required by the learners.
- To carryout processes/activities that may involve manual handling for example assisting learners with walking, sitting and other activities of daily living and by means of wheelchairs and mechanical aids within recommended guidelines.
- To understand and adhere to health and safety regulations in all areas.
- To work in both residential and education areas as requested by the Line Manager.
- To progress in the role, you will be expected to complete the level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or teaching and learning.
- Supporting learners to maintain positive relationships with families and friends.
- Ensuring all relevant information relating to the learners is relayed to appropriate staff members and recorded in accordance with St Piers's policy and procedures.
- Numeracy and Literacy Level 2
- Completion of Care Certificate within 3 months of employment
- £250 refer a friend scheme!
- 27 days holiday
- Perk Box discounts and vouchers
- Subsidised dining room
- Discounted Gym Memberships (on and off site)
- Accommodation available
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible Working
Children's School - 38 Weeks (Term Time Only)
Adults College - 39 Weeks (Term Time Only)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; personal carer, care manager, support staff, Care Assistant, Enabler, SEN Teacher, Carer, Care Worker, Care Assist, Care Coordinator, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support will be considered for this role.