Lake Butler Hospital is a critical access hospital in North Florida providing 24-hour emergency services, inpatient hospitalization, swing bed program, rehabilitation services, outpatient laboratory, and outpatient radiology (X-ray, ultrasound, and CT Scan) services to Union County and the surrounding counties. We are devoted to providing all members of our community with premier-quality health care in a compassionate and inviting environment.
We are seeking an knowledgeable and experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to join our team! We are open to considering full-time, part-time, or contract workers!
For full-time employees, we offer medical benefits, paid time off, 401k after one year of service, discounts at Willow Cafe and more!
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Provide individual and family psychotherapy services to culturally-diverse children and adolescents presenting wide range of conditions, including physical and mental abuse, attention disorders, anxiety, depression, family issues, and behavioral disorders for patients of the Rural Health Clinic, Lake Butler Hospital and students of Union County Schools. Must carefully observe patients and respond to what they might be trying to communicate through their behavior. Provide clinical assessments and short-term and long-term goals using various modalities for treatment. Responsible for providing psychoanalytic treatment for children with emotional and behavioral difficulties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
1. Provide child, adolescent and adult psychotherapy and crisis intervention services to patients assigned to the Rural Health Clinic, registered as patients of Lake Butler Hospital and students of Union County Schools.
2. Provide on-site therapy services to children at Lake Butler Elementary, Middle and High schools as well as Tigers Den Daycare and The Outpost Alternative School (within accordance of contract agreement with the Union County School Board).
3. Completion of initial mental health assessments to gauge the needs of children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties of patients within the Rural Health Clinic, Lake Butler Hospital, and the Union County School Board. Services performed include but are not limited to: psychosocial information, DSM-IV-R diagnosis and treatment plan reviewed and co-signed by the supervising physician.
4. Perform ongoing mental health therapies of patients within the Rural Health Clinic, Lake Butler Hospital and the Union County Schools as prescribed in the initial mental health assessment.
5. Complete all mental health services documentation in Rural Health Clinic medical records system and hospitalized inpatient charts, as well as necessary county and state documents when required.
6. Serve as Liaison between the Rural Health Clinic, Lake Butler Hospital and the Union County School Board, local law enforcement and the Union County Courts concerning mental health services provided by the psychotherapist.
7. Liaise with other professionals who work with children and families in the community, including health visitors, social workers, teachers, nurses, and special educational needs coordinators in planning how to best help a child and the child's family.
8. Arrange for or refer patients to needed services that cannot be provided at the clinic or hospital.
9. When necessary, perform psychiatric assessments for involuntary psychiatric admission in the accordance with the Florida Baker Act.
10. Actively conduct mental health related education to clinic, hospital, school board and law enforcement staff upon request.
11. Participates through identification, development, implementation and enforcement of policies/procedures relative to services rendered.
12. Write treatment plans and establish therapeutic goals with the patient, and periodically review them for progress.
13. Provide patient education and recommended various materials to assist the client in their goal towards wellness.
14. Provide caseload management activities, including coordination of services with other agencies.
15. Provide short and long-term interventions with children, young people and/or parents.
16. Provide treatment to children experiencing depression, anxiety & relationship problems.
17. Develop specialization in working with individuals to include children and their families who experienced abuse or neglect.
18. Cultivate and nurture positive, productive relationships with clients, families, and community providers to promote effective coordination of resources.
19. Grant writing to further mission of the clinic.
20. Oversee patient load of the Rural Health Clinic.
21. Provide consultation services for Case Management.
22. Maintain a caseload of school aged students.
Lake Butler, Starke, Gainesville, Alachua, High Springs, Macclenny, Glen Saint Mary, Lake City, Keystone Heights, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Middleburg, Orange Park
Minimally Required A Master's degree in psychology or a social science. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW.
Minimally Required At least two years' clinical experience, preferably in school environment.
Minimally Required Must be knowledgeable in methods of observing clients visually and documenting observations in writing. Must have strong verbal and listening skills.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
License Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, Social Worker, Social Services, Crisis Intervention, Mental Health, Community Outreach