Making a dramatic difference in the lives of our patients is what we do every day.
Help us Raise the Standard in correctional health care.
Position: Licensed Mental Health Professional
Facility: Easterling Correctional Facility
Location: Clio, AL
Shift: Full-time; Day Shift
Salary: Experienced based salary
- Competitive weekend shift differentials
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
An employee in this class serves provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal and social development as well as institutional adjustment by performing the duties listed below. This is an advanced psychological services position.
A.Interviews inmates to obtain information concerning medical history, mental health history, or other pertinent information.
B.Observes inmates to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
C.Reviews results of tests, treatment plans and treatment cases with the Psychiatrist/Psychologist to evaluate client needs and implement treatment.
nsult with and offer feedback to ADOC staff in classification, records, administration, and security in conveying inmate information related to level of functioning and program eligibility.
E.Responds to legitimate requests with the approval of the inmate for information, such as from Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Half-way Houses, and Social Security Administration as well as transfer requests, progress reviews, and inquiries by institutional staff, while following appropriate guidelines regarding case management and ensuring the proper assignment of inmates to programs.
F.May administer/interpret standardized tests within their scope of practice, such as the MMPI-2, WAIS-III, WRAT-4, and BETA, by following the standardized test manuals to accurately assess the inmate's level of mental and intellectual functioning, the probability of future acting-out and other deviant/maladaptive behavior by providing data for evaluations and accurate information relevant to other types of inmate placement, intervention, and treatment, such as Consult to the Disciplinary Process, Treatment Plans, and institutional assignment.
G.Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as counseling, behavior modification and psychosocial education to assist inmates in managing their mental disorders and other interpersonal or environmental problems.
H.Discuss progress toward treatment goals with inmate and ensures that the treatment plan is completed in a timely manner, adhered to as the barometer for treatment and is reflected in the progress notes.
nsults with Psychologist and Psychiatrist concerning treatment plan and amends plan as described.
nducts peer reviews and participates in program audits and continuous quality improvement activities as directed by the Site Health Services Administrator.
K.Refers inmates to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling, such as religious services, classification and substance abuse services.
L.Prepares inmates for release via treatment, schedules follow-up appointments for the inmate with their local county mental health center, ensures that appropriate staff counsels inmate on medication issues as relevant, assist the inmate when needed to obtain shelter and/or social services.
- As Required
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and correctional regulations, as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate records
- Approaches change in a positive manner
- Accepts constructive criticism/advice and learns from it
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with offenders/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Licensed in the State of Alabama by the Board of Examiners in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work Examiners or Behavior Analyst Certification Board
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Analysis, or Counseling from an APA accredited school.
- Two years experience in a mental health/correctional setting preferred.
- Have ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patters and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.