ASAP start for three months + possible extensionRural Generalist inc outpatients, community and outreachLocum rates + FREE accommodation
- ASAP start for three months + possible extension
- Rural Generalist inc outpatients, community and outreach
- Locum rates + FREE accommodation available
Experienced Social Worker required for locum based in regional Victoria. The role is to start ASAP for three months + possible extension.
Mental Health experience is desirable, as well as experience working with CALD, indigenous communities and experience in rural health. The mental health team currently has one Mental Health Nurse and one other Social Worker. You will join a team of approximately 20 Health Staff including Nurses, Midwife, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Health Promotion, Allied Health Assistants, Podiatrists & Dietitians.
This generalist caseload will cover:
- Predominately working with outpatients/community members. Age ranges from young children to aged. The team work in the local schools, the local Aboriginal Health Service and in the community. They have a mental health drop in clinic 3 mornings a week. They work with the Hospital Outreach Mental Health team as well as other community organisations. Cases include general counselling to more complex mental health issues, through to assisting people negotiate Medicare, visas, government departments, housing etc.
Your role will include:
- Work as a case manager, clinician and therapist with individuals, couples, families and groups as they deal with issues that arise throughout their lives.
- Provide information to clients/individuals about a large range of resources and services to assist them with their social difficulties.
- Ensure clients are contacted on a regular basis until Social Work services are no longer required by the client.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate a broad clinical caseload ensuring client file notes, and all other correspondence are to a high and professional standard.
- Complete and provide statistics to the administration staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure an understanding and respect for a range of different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, religions, and other attributes of an individual.
- To ensure all communication with clients, visitors, colleagues, managers and community members remains professional, neutral and positive at all times.
FREE accommodation available + locum rates $$. I've had great feedback from previous locums!
To apply for this role or to enquire about our other vacancies, please contact Rachael - Allied Health Division Lead at Careers Connections on or email
Register today for information on all of our vacancies.
View all our vacancies here: