Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Oncology Registered Nurse RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting Full Time Night, 7p-7:30a, RN opportunity for you to join Terre Haute Regional Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. Currently offering up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus based on experience with 1 year of RN experience required and 2 year commitment!
Terre Haute Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Terre Haute Regional Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What will you do in this role:
- You will demonstrate ability to work with and effectively communicate with all patients, family members, physicians and employees in a tactful and cooperative manner.
- As a member of our team you will set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing and sometimes stressful situations by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgement.
- Some key responsibilities for you in this role will be to perform prescribed treatments and evaluate patient's signs and symptoms while observing and recording patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusions and other treatments into Meditech.
- You will coordinate both patient admission and discharge plans with case manager, patient and family while maintaining a written plan of nursing care or critical pathways and communicating clinical outcomes as well as needed education to patient and/or family.
- Members of our team actively participate in the orientation of new personnel, and have willingness to identify or assume activities relative to the developmental needs of unit and the nursing department.
What qualifications will you need in this role:
- Current State of Indiana Registered Nurse License or active Compact state RN license
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, Associates Degree in Nursing (RN) required.
- Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMS, and ISBH standards, rules and regulations as well as performance improvement concepts.
- BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Terre Haute Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years. Services include the region's only Level-II trauma center, cardiovascular services--including open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Oncology Registered Nurse RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.