Curis Recruitment is proud to partner with this fantastic aboriginal health service in Queensland to help them find a Mental Health Nurse to join their Alcohol and other drug service team on a permanent basis.
- Permanent full time position, 38 hours per week Monday to Friday only
- ASAP start
As the Mental Health Alcohol and other drug service Registered Nurse your role will be to strengthen the system of care at the local level to provide culturally appropriate evidence based treatment mental health, alcohol and other drug services, using a stepped care approach.
Some of the key duties are:
- Provide intake, clinical mental health assessment and triage protocols, as required.
- Provide support for clients and their families, during life crises and transition periods.
- Provide clinical care, coordination and liaise with a range of health care providers. In particular, the treating General Practitioner and treating Psychiatrist/Psychologist where applicable.
- Provide information and education on mental health maintenance and restoration with clients and families, using recovery framework.
- Identify physical health risk factors, which could be addressed through a Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- Provide support to clinical staff, including but not limited to mentoring and professional development when requested.
- Promote the use of single care plans and single digital health records, to link services and enhance communication between providers and people with mental illness. Particularly those with severe mental illness and complex needs, who may have multiple providers involved in their overall care.
- Maintain a case load of 20 clients at any given time, with a target of 70 clients per annum.
- Deliver intensive, culturally safe, individual support, to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Clients, accessing mental health, alcohol and other drug services.
You will be working for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled primary health care service, which has been in operation for more than twenty five years. The organisation is a bulk billing community controlled health service, managed by a Board of Directors who oversee and manage the strategic directions of the service.
The organisation provides comprehensive primary health and well-being services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the region.
You will be living in a modern Queensland city based in a riverside setting.
There is plenty to do on your time off including visiting the zoo, botanic gardens, and some of the best steak houses in Australia!
The city sits at the heart of Australia's second largest river system making it a wonder for those that love the outdoors and adventure.
Nearby is a stunning national park where you can see views of the city as well as an elevated boardwalk on top of the mountain top.
Easily accessible with direct flights from Brisbane as well as road and rail connections.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Hold a current Bachelor of Nursing degree and unrestricted registration, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
- Current credentialing as a mental health nurse with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN), or eligibility to become credentialed.
- Extensive experience in the provision of mental health, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis management, general health checks, psycho-education and treatment interventions, which use current evidence-based approaches.
- A comprehensive understanding of the health issues impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the philosophy and practice of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service and the ability to work sensitively and effectively, with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you would like to receive the full job description or hear about more please contact us on or at . A Recruitment Consultant will be in touch within 24 hours.