TristoneNash are pleased to be supporting a Housing Association to appoint a Mental Health and Wellbeing Coach for a progressive new service that is working in partnership with Aneurin Bevan University Health Board until August 2024.
This service will support around 7 patients a year to transition from secure or residential settings into a community setting with their own tenancy across Gwent and so a driver and access to a car is essential.
You will be one of a large team working on a 6-week rolling rota basis. Shifts will include mornings, days, afternoon, waking nights and weekends, allowing for 18 days off every 6 weeks (made up of 3 or 4 weekends off every 6 weeks).
The support will be responsive to individual need and delivered in partnership with the Intensive Case Management Team, ABUHB, providing support to patients in Gwent.
As a psychologically-informed service, delivery will be underpinned by the application of evidenced based practice, with a focus on using the principles of Structured Clinical Management (SCM).
An understanding and value of reflective practice, PIEs, ACEs, trauma-informed care and a strengths-based approach would benefit this role.
SCM is an evidenced based approach that enable generalist mental health practitioners to work effectively with complex mental health difficulties. It is a goal focused, supportive approach with case management and advocacy support. There is an emphasis on problem solving and effective crisis planning.
Training in SCM and ongoing support/ supervision in this approach will be provided.
- Ensuring service users have choice and control in the delivery of their support and that they are equal partners in developing the service.
- Reacting quickly and positively to their individual needs, you will be proactive, consistent, flexible and focused on enabling the service user to thrive within a new environment and surrounding relationships.
- Practical support including but not limited to: supporting individuals in Care and Treatment Plan reviews, medical appointments, community activities, assisting with emotional regulation, problem solving, relationship building and developing daily living skills like money management, tenancy management, diet and nutrition and developing purposeful activities.
- Engagement in reflective practice, supervisions and team meetings, ensuring continuous improvement is achieved. Actively promoting the standards underpinned by a Psychologically Informed Environment in all aspects of service delivery and support.
- Updating daily records, incident reports, and escalating safeguarding issues as needed to Team Leader/ Intensive care team.
- Taking regular measurements and tenant feedback, enabling service review and improvements as needed. Providing feedback for quarterly / monthly reporting.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of key stakeholders and partners including key relationships within ABUHB, housing providers, the Local Authority and the Third Sector.
Desired Experience/ Qualities:
- An ability to build trusting therapeutic relationships with those people who use the service. You will understand the value of setting boundaries and expectations and be able to do so whilst modelling positive relationships.
- A high level of emotional intelligence; to be non-judgmental, resilient and empathic.
- Understanding of PIE, ACEs, strength/ restorative-based approaches.
- Experience of representing service/ advocating needs of service user.
- Experience of working with individuals with complex mental health difficulties and/ or challenging behaviour.
- A willingness to reflect positively on feedback with a desire to further personal learning.
- You will be able to work under your own initiative and be responsive to changing priorities.
- You will have a good understanding of the wide range of community and third sector organisations operating across Gwent.
TristoneNash is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.