Mental Health Assistant
A high achieving, modern Secondary School within the Borough of Hackney, are looking to fill X3 Mental Health Assistant roles to join their supportive, friendly, and hardworking team. The successful candidate will work alongside the brilliant SEND, Pastoral and Safeguarding teams to address the additional needs required by students to reduce barriers to learning.
The ideal candidate for the Mental Health Assistant role would be graduates with a keen interest in Mental Health, Therapy, Psychological Research, Education, Speech and Language, Special Needs and many more!
The school have a long line of success with providing graduates with first hand, enriching experience with SEN and Mental Health. As well as being recognised by UNICEF and being given a Gold Award for inclusivity. Previously, Mental Health Assistants have continued to pursue Educational Psychology, Counselling, Therapy, Clinical Psychology as well as completing internal teacher training within the Secondary School.
The Mental Health Assistant Role will include the following responsibilities:
· Mentoring students with SEND, SEMH and Safeguarding requirements.
· Developing strong relationships with pupils; Work Experience Placements; Learning Skills Centre; and Colleges Links.
· Planning and running group sessions and 1:1 session addressing the needs of the students.
If the Mental Health Assistant role sounds like the opportunity for you, then please read on below to find out further information!
Mental Health Assistant Job Description
· Secondary School
· Hackney, East London
· £80-100 per day
· Full-time, full academic year, September 2022 Start Date (term time only)
· Mental Health Assistant in an excellent Secondary School
· Working with KS3, KS4, KS5
· Similar role to a SEN Teaching Assistant
Ideal Mental Health Assistant
· A graduate with an interest in SEMH or SEN
· Or non-graduates with mentoring or counselling experience is desirable
· Previous experience or a passion for working with young people to make a positive impact on their lives
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build trust
· Hardworking, resilient and positive
If you are interested in this Mental Health Assistant role, then apply now! Send your CV to James at EdEx and you will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted!)
Mental Health Assistant