Community Mental Health Clinician
North West Area Mental Health Service
- Based at our clinic in Coburg, close to public transport and free parking option
- Flexible hours/working arrangements available - Fixed Term Full Time - 12 months
- Unique opportunities to develop professionally
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence - benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- The Moreland Community Team is a large, supportive and dynamic team made up of staff that are truly passionate and motivated in supporting consumers and their families/carers. We provide a comprehensive range of specialist mental health services to people who reside in the local government areas of Moreland and Hume
- Our team has a long-standing reputation for being collegial, supportive and placing value in the individual skills, experience and personal attributes that each member of our team brings
- As we are part of a large multi-site service including multiple Area Mental Health Services we are able to provide our staff with unique opportunities to develop professionally
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Provide assessment and targeted evidence based interventions to consumers and their families/carers in line with a Recovery model of care
- Provide short term support to consumers requiring intensive acute input
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team, consumers and their families
- Participate in daily handover meetings, clinical review meetings, fortnightly education sessions and monthly team meetings
- Liaise with other service providers and teams to support consumers
- This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to Grade 2 Psychologist, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Grade 3 Registered Psychiatric Nurses.
- Passionate about contributing positively to the lives of consumers with mental illness and their families
- Experienced in the provision of Psychiatric assessment and intervention for consumers with a mental illness
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers
- Being committed to a culture of Recovery
- Placing strong value on being part of a team but being able to work autonomously as well
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community - Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We're committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.