MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN - OPEN ARMS CLIENT ASSIST CONTACT CENTRE - BRISBANE
Do you want to make a difference? Here is your chance to give back! Working under the Department of Veteran Affairs, Open Arms provides mental health services to veterans and their families. The Client Assist Contact Centre based in Brisbane CBD, is responsible for supporting Open Arms service provision around the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Clinician provides intake assessment and triage services, clinical mental health support, crisis case management and service quality assurance within the Client Assist Contact Centre. You are responsible for over the phone risk assessment and response to Veterans, ADF members & families identifying with issues relating to mental health, psychosocial issues and suicide risk.
- Triaging and coordinating intake and referral of clients
- Provision of high level clinical guidance and advice
- Engaging in brief tele-counselling in order to de-escalate situations
- Ensuring efficient intake for clients requesting counselling, group and/or case management services.
- Escalation of high risk and high profile issues through EL1 team leader
- Liaise with the ADF, ex-service organisations, community groups, and service providers to facilitate service provision
- AASW registered Mental Health Social Worker, OR AHPRA registered Psychologist, OR Mental Health Registered Nurse
- Intake and tele-triage experience
- Demonstrated competency and experience in assessing complex and potentially at-risk clients
- Australian citizen (as this is a Federal Government position)
- $60 p/h + 9.5% superannuation & penalty rates, paid weekly
- Part-time or full-time opportunity with shifts available Monday to Sunday, 24 hours
- Intensive three week training and ongoing support from experienced clinicians
- Supportive team with a push to see you succeed personally and professionally
- Genuine opportunity to support vulnerable and/or at risk clients and enhance wellbeing
- Multiple positions available due to increased Government funding in Mental Health
If this position appeals to you, please don't hesitate to apply! If you have any questions or would like to know more, contact Suman either via email - or call