*OFFERING A $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS*
Our client, a well-established and growing provider of treatment for mental health and substance use disorders, located near Plattsburg, NY, is seeking a Behavioral Health Therapist/Mental Health Counselor at both their Massena, NY and Ogdensburg, NY clinics. These positions are great career opportunities for someone with prior experience or an individual who recently completed a Master's Degree in social work or mental health from an accredited college or university. Apply now and become eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus! Hybrid roles are available.
The organization provides the full range of behavioral health clinical services including comprehensive assessments, crisis intervention and same day services to individuals, groups, and families. Supervision toward obtaining clinical social work licensure will be provided. There are numerous opportunities for growth and advancement. The company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Federal student loan repayment program is available to eligible staff.
The Behavioral Health Therapist/Mental Health Counselor is responsible for maintaining a client caseload in which they identify goals and objectives to help improve emotional, social and daily functioning.
Essential Job Duties include:
- Complete a comprehensive biopsychosocial history assessment that includes the client's problems and strengths and preferences, including cultural, religious, and ethnic background.
- Responsible for assisting clients in creating and maintaining person centered treatment plans every 90 days.
- Attends weekly staff meetings, treatment teams and supervision.
- Completes mandatory documentation on EHR within timelines established by applicable regulations.
- Empowers clients and encourages client's choice in matters affecting them, demonstrating receptive attitudes and sensitivity to choices based on racial, cultural and ethnic heritage, and sexual orientation.
- Provides linkage with appropriate community resources by maintaining knowledge of other systems, making referrals and identifying unmet needs (e.g., recreational transportation, adaptive phone equipment, insurance eligibility, etc.).
- Provides clients and families with crisis management services by appointment or on a walk-in basis.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan in collaboration with clients, clients' families, multidisciplinary staff, and referral agencies.
- Provide individual, group and/or family counseling for mental health and/or substance use.
- Ability to collaborate with other local agencies (DSS, Probation, Drug Court).
- Complete urine drug screens on clients.
- Comply with Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), New York State and Federal regulations, laws and ethical guidelines.
- Master's degree in social work or mental health from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) is preferred.
- Licensed eligible. If licensed, required to track and maintain status of professional licensure.
- Continuing professional education required
- Experience working with mental health and substance use population is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please apply with your resume or send it directly to