POSITION: Licensed Mental Health Professional
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
FACILITY: Kilby Intake Correctional Facility - Mental Health Unit
LOCATION: Montgomery, AL
SALARY: Experience-based salaries, minimum of $50,000 for newly licensed individuals and up with experience
LICENSES ACCEPTED :
(masters degree required)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC or LCPC)
- Licensed Social Worker (LMSW or LGSW or LCSW)
- Private Independent Practice (PIP)
- Licensed Family & Marital Therapist (LFMT)
This is an advanced psychological services position. An employee in this class provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal and social development as well as institutional adjustment by performing the duties listed below.
- Intake and Classification
- Interviews inmates to obtain information concerning medical history, mental health history, or other pertinent information.
- Observes inmates to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
- Reviews results of tests, treatment plans and treatment cases with the Psychiatrist/Psychologist to evaluate client needs and implement treatment.
- Consult with and offer feedback to ADOC staff in classification, records, administration, and security in conveying inmate information related to level of functioning and program eligibility.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as counseling, behavior modification and psychosocial education to assist inmates in managing their mental disorders and other interpersonal or environmental problems.
- Consults with Psychologist and Psychiatrist concerning treatment plan and amends plan as described.
- Prepares inmates for release via treatment, schedules follow-up appointments for the inmate with their local county mental health center, ensures that appropriate staff counsels inmate on medication issues as relevant, assist the inmate when needed to obtain shelter and/or social services.
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
LICENSING: Licensed in the State of Alabama by the Board of Examiners in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work Examiners or Behavior Analyst Certification Board
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Analysis, or Counseling from an APA accredited school.