Position Purpose: Provides mental health rehabilitation services and supports, as a part of the Therapeutic Intervention Program (TIP) team within the Winnebago County Problem Solving Courts, for adults and families to decrease hospitalization and crisis episodes and to increase community functioning in order for the client to achieve rehabilitative, resiliency and recovery goals. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of mental health services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling and Guidance, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Vocational Counseling, Psychology, Pastoral Counseling, or Family Therapy or related field, License preferred. Must qualify as QMHP, LPHA preferred.
Demonstrated education, training or experience in the mental health services
Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
Excellent organizational and computer skills
Self-Starter with ability to work independently and with a team
Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling, case management
Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, families, staff or community resources
Valid driver's license
1. Work hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
2. Ability to motivate and problem solve with staff regarding effective clinical practices.
3. Ability to be self-motived, seek improved performance, problem solving while meeting the complex needs of the clients and their families.
4. Skills to adapt verbal and written communication to the language and style of the client and their family.
5. Complete all necessary documentation with in the appropriate time lines.
6. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
7. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
8. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
9. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, process, and discharge plans).
10. Ability to coordinate services from a variety of community resources
11. Utilize a variety of treatment concepts, evidence based practices and service modalities when providing care.
12. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, and staff and community groups as needed.
13. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance clients.
14. Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
15. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code of Ethics and within the framework of the law.
16. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
17. Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
18. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.
19. represent Rosecrance as a part of the Winnebago County TIP court program, by attending weekly meetings and court calls, complete weekly reports, as well as serve as an advocate for the client.
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law - .pdf