Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
The mental health facilitator provides direct-service care to meet the needs of the patients. The position works with the treatment team to plan and deliver competency restoration and mental health services. The mental health facilitator participates in the implementation of the treatment plan; develops, organizes, and conducts program activities to provide education and treatment, both in groups and individually.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a human service-related field, preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in a residential treatment, psychiatric, or hospital setting preferred.
- License eligible as an Agency Affiliated Counselor or equivalent
- Works with the treatment team to plan competency restoration and mental health services.
- Conducts competency restoration and mental health groups and individual services.
- Completes and maintains necessary documentation in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages.
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life- span development needs of each patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of risk management, infection control, fire/disaster procedures, de- escalation of crisis intervention, and environmental safety measures.
- Continues professional development through in service education, workshops, conferences, and self-study necessary to maintain correct knowledge relevant to the position. Works well with all departments and programs to meet the needs of the patients.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats each patient as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer