Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire. Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Mental Health Night Support Worker - £20,202 - £22,000 per annum pro rata - £10.50 - £11.43 per hour plus an additional enhancement for night working. (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours - 23 hours per week, 2 nights per week. Monday - Sunday, inclusive of bank holidays
Department - Iris Hayter House, Adult Service Delivery
Location - Littlemore
What You'll Be Doing:
Iris Hayter House team is a Care Quality Commission registered care home. The team provide care 24/7 for older adults who are diagnosed with enduring mental health needs.
Overall job responsibility:
- You will provide a safe and comfortable environment for our residents to live and colleagues to work.
- Support the development of person-centred planning, ensuring each resident's plans have meaningful and achievable goals.
- Ensure support plans and risk management plans are implemented as necessary, in line with policies and procedures.
- Support residents with medication concordance and personal care.
- Undertake an enabling role with the resident in daily tasks such as cleaning, shopping, budgeting, and household tasks that promote independent living.
- You will support good sleep hygiene and bedtime routines for residents as part of their care and wellbeing.
- Lead and promote social inclusion work by introducing residents to leisure activities, new interests, education or volunteering.
- Working with clinical teams, attending CPAs and multi-disciplinary team meetings.
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English, being IT literate due to the volume of paperwork required to be kept up to date.
- Good organisational, communication, written and verbal skills and can work calmly in difficult and challenging situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of mental health illnesses and the level of care some residents require would be desirable, but full training will be given.
- Experience within a care or mental health settings is desirable, but not essential.
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients.
If this Mental Health Night Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.