Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest outsourced correctional healthcare provider; operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide 'Healthcare Without Judgement', is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and hard to reach patient group.
We are seeking part time and casual Mental Health Nurses to join our primary care team across Middleton/Tarrengower and loddon. Working with this vulnerable patient cohort offers our staff the chance to provide continuity of care within a recovery based model.
Essential experience and attributes include the following (selection criteria):
Why Correct Care?
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- A minimum of at least one year post graduate psychiatric nursing experience.
- Recent nursing experience in a mental healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet the above accountabilities.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management and achieving successful outcomes.
- Ability to participate in the "at risk" on-call roster if required.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications and other data bases as required.
- Police check clearance
- Working with children's check clearance (DPFC and Tarrengower and other sites as required)
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do the job well
- Delivering a nurse led model of care which is patient centred
- Autonomy and ability to influence positive health outcomes for patients
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging
If you are a Registered Nurse with a post graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing with at least one year's post graduate experience working in mental health, we would love to hear from you!Click apply now!
To obtain a copy of the position description please email . For further information about this role contact Marita Hansen, the Health Services Manager at Tarrengower/ Middleton on . Alternatively, you can visit our website at to see a full list of available positions.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer