Are you a Mental Health Practitioner looking for a change? Are you looking for the next step? Do you want to work in forensic healthcare that makes a remarkable, positive, and life-long difference to people's lives?
If the answer to the above is a yes, then this is the right role for you!
Here at Mountain Healthcare, we are looking for passionate, determined, and resilient individuals to join our amazing teams as a Mental Health Practitioner.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Mental Health Practitioner to provide essential and consistent intervention to children and young people, within a secure environment.
The post-holder will provide crucial support for a wide range of emotional and psychological needs. Working collaboratively within the core multidisciplinary team, both within the home and across the other important teams such as the operational, residential, and educational colleagues, as well as external professionals and agencies within the welfare and justice sector.
The practitioner will work within their professional guidelines as well as local policies and procedures to maintain a defined caseload of young people as well as contributing to the wider integrated care model to ensure the home is equipped to maintain high standards of care for the young people living there.
This is a part-time vacancy of 16 hours per week (on average).
Core service hours: Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The role will include leading on the development of a more trauma-informed culture across the Secure Children's home.
The Mental Health Practitioner will work alongside a Healthcare Manager, Clinical Psychologist, and administration support. You will work as part of the MDT to meet the needs of the young people.
Key responsibilities include:
- responsibility for providing assessments, interventions and therapy to children and young people with complex mental health problems, and to support the wider team in the home to care for those young people
- To apply an experienced knowledge of safeguarding children and guidelines in clinical work
- To work collaboratively with all services to provide coherent and co-ordinated mental health services for the children and young people in the home, ensuring timely transition and relevant consultation, training, and support to ongoing placements
If you have mental health, primary care, or CAMHS experience, and are Band 6 registered, apply for this Mental Health Practitioner role today and we will be in touch with the next steps.
- Competitive salary
- 6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing programme
- Long Service and Team of the Month Awards
- Career progression
- Cutting edge accredited and CPD training courses
- Funding for external and higher education courses after one years' service
- The post-holder will ideally be Band 6, relevant professional registration - NMC sub part 1 of the register (mental health) or on sub part 2 of the register
- Qualification including CYP-IAPT / PWP Training Course / EMHP or equivalent (E) Dip SW or relevant mental health professional
- Membership of a professional body
- Relevant post qualification experience, to include working with children and young people and their carers in a mental health or community setting
- Experience of working in primary care, CAMHS, or mental health
- Post registration qualification
- Post graduate qualification in mental health (e.g. CBT, family therapy, counselling)
- Training and experience relating to specialist children and young people mental health services
- Experience of delivering training to others
Founded by passionate clinicians on a mission to provide expert patient-centred services, Mountain Healthcare leads the clinical forensic healthcare provisions sector in the UK. A premier partner of NHS England and the police, our unique provisions include Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs), Police Custodial Healthcare, Secure Estate Healthcare, and clinical telephone advice.
Driven by our values 'Be Kind and Do the Right Thing', Mountain Healthcare provides holistic and trauma-informed care that improves the immediate and long-term health outcomes of patients across the criminal justice system.
Through innovative technologies and strategic partnerships, our expert clinicians ensure equal, effective, and efficient services to all our patients and always put their health, safety, and rights first.
Join the Best Provider, Make the Greatest Difference
Clinical forensic healthcare is a rapidly growing career path as demand for specialist critical services has greatly increased in recent years. At Mountain Healthcare, we understand that to provide the highest quality services for our patients and customers, our people must be the best in the field.
We are proud to offer unrivalled staff training and development opportunities such as our unique Forensic Practitioner Gateway, our wide range of accredited and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses, and access to events across the health and justice sector.