Job Location Fuson Campus - Bremerton, WA
Position Type Full Time
Salary Range $29.58 - $36.97 Hourly
Job Shift Day
General Summary of Duties: The Mental Health Processional provides 24/7 therapeutic psychosocial care for adults admitted to the CRISIS TRIAGE FACILITY (CTF). Facilitate the CTFs clinical direction by working closely with staff, referral parties, and other internal KMHS departments. This position would include covering multiple shifts in a 24-hour program.
To improve the operations of KMHS in support of its stated mission. To provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers.
The Mental Health Professional improves the operations of KMHS in support of its stated mission, and provides the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
Major Responsibilities/Tasks :
- Complete intake interviews and documentation with newly admitted clients in a timely manner (within 3 hours of client admission) Contact and develop cooperative relationships with those collateral contacts that can assist in development of effective Crisis Stabilization Plan including the nurse, Psychiatrist/ARNP, family members, etc.
- Develop Crisis Stabilization Plans for residents who admit during the shift. Include relevant data from both the prescribers history and physical and the nursing plan of care when developing the treatment plan. Maintain plans that are individualized and reflect unmet acute needs and how the CTF can help treat and meet those needs.
- Work closely with the CTF Program Manager, RN, Supervisors, Physicians, Designated Crisis Responders and others to organize a cohesive crisis intervention, including assessing for a higher level of care- in a direction(s) that compliments the efforts of the residents outpatient providers.
- Participate in a collaborative role with the multi-disciplinary Team. Act as advocate for the psychiatric and social needs of the client. Provide consultation to the physician/ARNP in the development of treatment plans. Be available to CTF staff as a source for clinical practice and mental health resources.
- Provide short-term individual, group and family therapeutic services to expedite discharge planning and decrease need for readmission.
- Develop discharge instructions with Recovery Case Managers and Certified Peer Counselors for residents including arrangement and documentation of any follow-up appointments, including mental health, substance use, and physical health.
- Maintain and submit records and documentation to meet the regulatory, agency, and funding source requirements.
- Routinely assess client and staff safety including potential for harm to self, others, or to unit property. Take effective corrective action.
- Regularly observe the effect of current policies and inform supervisor of deficiencies in the program, suggest special projects that may benefit unit and agency.
- Participate in QI activities, committees, and special task forces as requested.
- Disclose limited client information as necessary to the position as trained by the Records Dept. Supervisor. Disclosures must adhere to HIPAA privacy and security standards and be logged in detail according to agency policy and procedures. Complete all required training and annual refreshers.
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in the job description.
Minimum Qualifications :
EDUCATION: Masters Degree in Psychology, social services, or behavioral health field or must meet waiver criteria of RCW 71.24.260.
EXPERIENCE: Experienced (minimum 2 years of job-related experience)
Two years of postgraduate, documented, supervised clinical experience with the chronically mentally ill, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse, substance-related disorders, and emotionally disturbed clients.
LICENSURE: Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration. Must meet and maintain the definition of a Mental Health Professional as defined in WAC 388-877-0500. Must maintain a Washington State Department of Health license in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in co-occurring disorders treatment, individual and group therapy, vocational services, substance abuse treatment, and experience in a therapeutic residential treatment setting.
Experience with the theory and practice of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and co-occurring substance use disorders