Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire. Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Mental Health Senior Support Worker - £22,073 - £24,280 per annum - £11.47 - £12.62 per hour (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours - 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Department - North - Adult Service Delivery
Location - Banbury/Bicester
What You'll Be Doing:
The North patch covers Bicester and Banbury in a mixture of flats and shared houses, staff provide clients support Monday-Friday with working towards living independently. This includes helping residents learn about living skills, accessing external support, accessing training and employment and eventually assisting with moving on to their own independent properties whether that be through the council or private rented.
Overall job responsibility:
- You will provide a safe and comfortable environment for our residents to live and colleagues to work, whilst also empowering Support Workers to feel confident in their role.
- Mentor and support new team members in their role
- Leading and coordinating the shift ensuring that residents are supported accordingly
- Communicating regularly with internal and external professionals
- Delegating appropriate responsibilities across the team
- Taking part in a range of activities during key working sessions with residents whilst helping them to achieve their aspirations
- promoting and encouraging both physical and mental well-being
- Update and maintain records electronically
- Ensure house rules are kept and adhered to, as well as providing a safe and respectful environment
- Conduct regular welfare checks and promoting residents to develop their skills and increase their independence
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams and carers
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- Awareness of legal frameworks such as Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act 1983, Mental Capacity Act 2005
- A good understanding of different types of mental health illnesses and the level of care some residents may require
- GCSE Maths and English, being IT literate due to the volume of paperwork required to be kept up to date
- Good organisational, communication, written and verbal skills and can work calmly in difficult and challenging situations
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients.
If this Mental Health Senior Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.