Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire. Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Mental Health Senior Support Worker - £22,073 - £24,280 per annum - £11.47 - £12.62 per hour (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours - 37 hours per week, 9am to 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Department - Community Team, Adult Service Delivery
Location - Oxford
What You'll Be Doing:
The Community team focus on supporting clients in their own homes and encourage independent living. The team work Monday to Friday and are based in a location that houses clients, with a mixture of home working as well as supporting clients in the community. The staff regularly hold group events and encourage residents to join in to help with their move on process.
Overall job responsibility:
- You will provide a safe and comfortable environment for our residents to live and colleagues to work, whilst also empowering Support Workers to feel confident in their role.
- Lead by example and take the role of Shift Lead - ensuring that all members of the team are aware of daily tasks and notes are completed and updated as appropriate.
- Be the first point of contact handling all queries and requests from internal and external partners responding in a timely manner delegating as appropriate,
- Lead in times of incidents in the absence of the manager and deputy, ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to
- Mentor and support new team members in their role
- Responsible for leading on projects to enhance the service.
- Support the development of person-centred planning, ensuring resident's plans have meaningful and achievable goals
- Ensure support plans and risk management plans are implemented as necessary, in line with policies and procedures.
- Support residents with medication concordance.
- Undertake an enabling role with the resident in daily tasks such as cleaning, shopping, budgeting, and household tasks that promote independent living.
- Lead and promote social inclusion work by introducing residents to leisure activities, new interests, education, or volunteering
- Maintain clean, safe working environments and communal areas
- Working with clinical teams, attending CPAs and multi-disciplinary team meetings
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- Awareness of legal frameworks such as Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act 1983, Mental Capacity Act 2005
- A good understanding of different types of mental health illnesses and the level of care some residents may require
- GCSE Maths and English, being IT literate due to the volume of paperwork required to be kept up to date
- Good organisational, communication, written and verbal skills and can work calmly in difficult and challenging situations
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients.
If this Mental Health Senior Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.