Job Title: Mental Health Social Worker (AMHP) - (3 Month Contract - at least)
Salary: £35.00 p/h (£50.00 p/h on call)
Working Week: 37 hour week - 24/7 rota
Birmingham City Council are looking to recruit 3x Mental Health Social Workers, with AMHP status, to work with vulnerable adults who have mental health problems and their carers, helping them to achieve ambitions, take control over their life, building relationships and networks that maintain their independence.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To undertake assessments in line with FACS criteria and the care Programme Approach.
* To support, develop and implement care plans specifying objectives and outcomes to meet the assessed needs and assist with or commission resources to meet identified needs.
* To provide assessments and Brief Solution Focused interventions such as CBT for clients presenting mental health problems.
* To prepare and participate in rehabilitation, resettlement and aftercare programmes in accordance with Care Programme Approach Guidance.
* To ensure an effective communication mechanism is in place with regard to client care and progress, including the assessment and management of risk.
* To prepare and participate in work with people with mental health problems who are living in the community, in order to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions, promote independence while living in a community setting, enhance and enable problem-solving abilities and to improve the clients and carers quality of life.
Skills & Experience
* A qualification in Social Work (DipSW or equivalent)
* A recognised AMHP qualification (Masters level or previous equivalent)
* Professional registration with Health and Social Care Professions Council.
* Prior experience in working with people with mental health problems.
* Working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
* An Enhanced DBS with Children's and Adults Barring List Check.
Please submit your CV via this advert and on of the team, at HancoxRead Recruitment, will be in touch