Graduate Opportunity - Teaching Assistant - LSA - Mentor - Ed Psychologist - Godalming
Are you a recent graduate with an interest in working with students who have a range of learning and behavioural needs?
If so, then we can help to kick start your career by supporting you with finding paid work experience in a special school setting. We are looking for graduates who can work on a 1:1 basis with students who have social, emotional mental health needs.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring youth worker, behaviour mentor or educational psychologist that is keen to gain valuable work experience following your graduation. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a recent graduate in search of quality, first-hand experience in a specialist school environment. You will have the opportunity to work with SEMH needs. Autism and students with complex needs that will also require support with personal care.
- Graduate Learner Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Behaviour Mentor, educational psychologist
- 70 to 80 daily rate (5-day week - 30am to 3.30pm)
- Special needs schools and mainstream settings with specialist provision (SEMH, ASC, challenging behaviour)
- Full time and part time roles, flexible working hours and short and long term contracts
- Start in September 2022
What is involved:
- Working on a 1:1 basis with students who require additional learning and behavioural support
- Providing assistance and supervision for children's behaviour during the school day
- Assisting children to understand and participate in class
- Assisting with note taking while supporting literacy and numeracy
- Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
- Encouraging the development of social skills and supporting students' individual needs
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Maintaining progress records
- Supporting regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required:
- An Undergraduate Degree, ideally in a relevant subject such as Psychology or Criminology
- Experience working with children is highly desirable
- Good general education levels in English and Maths - A Levels are preferable
- A co-operative working style and practical approach to solving problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skill and a caring attitude
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
Contact Ben Mason on (phone number removed), to find out if this is the role with that you have been searching for.
Academics Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to hold or undertake an Enhanced DBS check and be fully vetted.