Mental Health Support Worker
Job type - Permanent/Full -time
Salary -£20,000 - £24,999 per annum
Hours - 35 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)
Location - Colchester & Braintree
We don't just talk about achieving positive social change at Nacro. We do it everyday- challenging unfairness, dismantling barriers to progress and giving some of the most vulnerable people in society the best chance at a second change. So when people become homeless, face drug addiction or go into prison, we are on hand to help them get a good education, a job and a safe place to live. That puts our specialist Housing teams right at the heart of our success, and we are now looking for another key professional to help take our performance to the next level.
Who are we looking for? A support worker to providing visiting support to people with a mental health diagnosis living in dispersed self contained (occasionally shared) housing, to ensure they are able to maintain a tenancy, develop life skills to enable transition to independent living, maximise income, maximise engagement with social and community amenities, support with engagement with community mental and physical health services.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies including local authority central access point/gateway services, statutory and voluntary sector agencies in order to generate referrals for the service as required.
- Plan and deliver an effective support and safety plan with the service user referring to specialist agencies as required. The progressions/outcomes identified, delivered and service user contact should be recorded, monitored, reviewed, and updated regularly and in line with contract requirements
- Ensure that properties are always adequately equipped, maintained, furnished, and cleaned
- Maximise rent collection, ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained, taking proactive action to minimise rent arrears in line with targets, monitoring the account and recording all actions and where necessary taking appropriate action when arrears arise in line with policy and procedure.
- Minimise void time by taking a pro-active approach to ensure properties are re-let as soon as possible in line with targets.
Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties
Car driver needed
DBS check will be required for this role
For a full Role profile click here
For details of Nacro excellent benefit click here
Apply Online via the button below.