I am looking for an engaging and passionate Mental Health Support Worker to join a SEND school to support children and young people with complex SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs) and Autism / ASC.
Pupils with complex SEMH will have a variety of needs which can include severe Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorder, Depression, or trauma-related mental health needs. Many of them will also have additional needs such as Autism/ASC. As a Mental Health Support Worker, you will be giving both 1:1 and small group support to pupils in a classroom setting. You will work alongside other SEND support workers to provide effective therapeutic alternative education.
- Croydon based
- Up to £100 per day, depending on experience
- Monday to Friday
- Excellent career starter for aspiring Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers
- Ideally have a minimum of one year experience of working in either psychiatric unit, Health & Social Care, residential or youth offending settings
- Able to provide academic support to pupils as well as pastoral care
- Opportunity to make a huge social impact
As a Mental Health Support Worker, you will be kind, calm and nurturing with a dedication to your responsibility. You will engage the children in your care with creative tasks that will aid their learning and development. An enthusiastic and patient approach is essential! If you are a Mental Health Support Worker and are based in South London, fit the above-mentioned criteria with some transferable skills or relevant experience, please apply immediately at Engage SEND!
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful in this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job in education.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.