Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to empower and promote independence and an interest in mental health?
Mental Health Support Worker - £20,202 - £22,000 per annum (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours 37 hours per week, Monday Sunday, inclusive of bank holidays, shifts include mornings, evenings, weekends and sleep ins. Flexible Working opportunities are available, including part time hours and fixed shifts.
Service Morrell Crescent, Littlemore
What You ll Be Doing:
Morrell Crescent is home to 37 clients, who live across several 3 bed houses in the same location. The service is covered by Support Workers 24/7, so clients will have the support on hand whenever they need it. Our clients are with Response to gain skills in living independently, while also focussing on improving their mental health. Every day is different which gives a great sense of pride seeing the positive impact you can have on others.
Our clients really appreciate the passion from our Support Workers too: The staff are caring, kind, compassionate and understanding. They support me and care for me and are first class. I am happier now than I have been in years. Client in Adult Services.
Overall job responsibility:
- You will work as part of a team to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our clients to live.
- Assist clients with tasks such as cleaning, shopping, budgeting, and household tasks that promote their independence.
- Support clients to achieve their personal goals, including their physical health, relationship building and managing their mental health.
- Update and assist clients in the progress of their personal support plans.
- Support residents with taking their medication.
- Introduce clients to leisure activities, new interests, education or volunteering and support them to attend events or appointments.
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority is to find people who can live our values every day Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. We provide excellent training on everything else, but we do ask that you can:
- Build relationships and be friendly, respectful, patient and empathetic towards others.
- Care for others and support them in challenging times. Perhaps you have done this in your personal life for friends or family.
- Work calmly and methodically, with organisational, written and verbal skills.
- Have respect for difference and diversity.
- Use IT, with a basic knowledge of Word and Outlook.
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- Employee Assistant Plan - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients
If this Mental Health Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from individuals with a range of neurodivergent thinking styles and from those who might need reasonable adjustments. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.