Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a service for women with complex mental health needs. Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including mental health with learning disability, personality disorder and PICU.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you'll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
You will be working 38.5 hours per week covering 11 hour shifts on a rota basis including days and nights.The pay for this role will be on a sliding scale dependent on experience and you would usually enter at the base rate of £23,349 per annum but we can offer up to £24,660 if you have 2 years + experience.
In this role you'll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
- Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
- Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard patients
- Learn about individuals' specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:
- Previous inpatient mental health experience in a challenging and/or an acute setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.