Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We are currently recruiting full time Support workers for Cygnet Hospital Stevenage which is a private medium secure mental health hospital offering a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you'll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
You will be working an average of 38.5hrs per week covering 12.5 hour shifts on a rota basis which will include weekends.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts - as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits - to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
In this role you'll:
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users' care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others.
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Resilience, caring and empathic
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns and ward changes according to the needs of the hospital.
In return we'll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Free Car Parking
- Free Lunch when on duty
- Regular coaching and support
- 2 Days extra annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Private Health Care
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to or apply below