Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for enthusiastic Mental Health support workers, to work in our schools near Swindon. The roles will be regular and part-time on a supply basis in SEN schools, and it involve working with children and young adults with mental health needs. These roles will start in September 2022 and are likely to be ongoing. The SEN schools we work with cater for pupils in Primary and Secondary ages and require temporary staff with Mental Health background to work as Learning support assistants to enable learning in and outside the classroom. For these roles the ability to engage and build rapport using your understanding of Mental Health and support background is essential.
If you have worked or studied Mental Health and are interested in working in new settings such as schools, Special needs schools, and Alternative Education provisions, please contact us immediately as we have a huge demand from our schools for these skills. In these Learning support roles, your primary areas of responsibility will be to:
- Support and enable learning with the instructions given by the teacher
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes to learning and behaving through well-planned support.
- Have a creative and innovative approach to understand and supporting to re-engage disaffected learners in education and overcome barriers to learning.
- Support the teachers for class and activity preparation
- Monitor students learning, social, emotional and behavioural progress against targets and report to the teachers of any changes.
- Be aware of Safeguarding and Behaviour policies of the settings you work in and adhere to the policies at all times.
Most of our schools are going to be local to you and we will offer you training through our experienced recruitment consultants and Ofsted rated CPD sessions.
Tradewind are renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking & social events.
As a teaching assistant you will be expected:
- To provide engaging and empathetic educational support to pupils
- To assist the teacher delivering lessons
- To have understanding/knowledge of special needs or a keen interest in helping vulnerable pupils
- To aid learning and emotional well-being
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position. Or for more information about the role, contact Hettie Irving on /